New Year Questions

1/01/2009 11:26:00 AM / Posted by Mike Landry /

I love the beginning of a new year. However, I'm always tempted to make such major changes that are unreasonable, unnecessary, and unrealistic. It's those consistent and incremental changes that make a long lasting difference anyway. So, I'm learning to make minor adjustments that will ultimately result in major changes. This year I plan to evaluate each day with the following 6 questions.

1. Did I Simplify? Have I gotten so wrapped up in the details, the form, the style, the look, or the checking off of an item of my to-do list that I have forgotten the purpose of my involvement?

It is so important that substance is not eliminated by style.

2. Am I Listening? Am I paying attention to those around me who are there to help and are waiting? Am I listening to my body when it cries out for rest, recreation, or a diversion? Is God telling me to slow down, speed up, or change tactics?

Never forget that a laser focus can also mute my ability to pay attention to other factors that need to be considered as you move forward.


3. Am I Learning? Am I making adjustments based upon lessons learned? Have I defaulted to a built in auto-pilot mode that has been preset by my past similar experiences?

Never forget that "doing the same thing the same way while expecting different results is insanity."


4. Am I Connecting? Am I intentionally developing my current relationships as well as cultivating new ones? What Am I doing to make that happen?

You were made with the capacity to be rightly related to God and other people.


5. Am I Loving Others? Am I only responding to other's generosity and kindness? Do I limit my caring of others only to those who care about me first.

Remember the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

6. Am I Living a Life of Influence? Am I wasting the lessons I've learned by storing them away within myself without passing them on to others so they can succeed? How many people have been forced to learn lessons the hard way simply because I refused to show them my scars?

Remember that you were made by God to make a difference. Don't waste your legacy potential.

0 comments:

Post a Comment