New Book - The Noticer by Andy Andrews

4/27/2009 11:55:00 AM / Posted by Mike Landry /


I just read Andy Andrews new book, The Noticer, and want to recommend it to you. It's a short and fast read that will compel you to look again at your current relationships and circumstances. In brief, it's a message on how not to waste or miss a great well-planned life tutorial intended to maximize your potential. You'll find it will help you in taking a step back (or I prefer to say "take a step forward") and gain perspective in whatever challenging circumstance you are facing.

In typical Andrews style, he creates fictional characters that you can easily identify with. Throughout the story you'll read lines that will not only resonate within you as true but you'll want to spend time thinking about them.

The main character in this story is a man called Jones who continually shows up at just the right time to help others who are facing a crisis. Jones happens to "notice" them and help them by pointing out what they have not yet noticed about their crippling situation.

I highlighted a few of Jones' priceless quotes in my copy of the book to occasionally review and have listed a few below for you.

"If you are still here, then you have not completed your life's purpose." "Worry is just imagination used in an unproductive way." "Wisdom is the ability to see the future consequences of our choices."

It's been my experience that perspective (or wisdom) changes everything. It motivates. It gives courage. It births hope. It can unlock the chains that so confine and trap us. I believe this story will at least move you a step forward toward perspective.

Labels: , , ,

1 comments:

Comment by T ™ on May 18, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I got the book yesterday and finished it in one sitting. it couldn't have reached me at a better time. I just let my co worker borrow it and now i'm wanting to ask for it back because i want to go back to save the countless quotes that really moved me. :)

My life is/was a complete mess but like you said... after reading this book, its the beginning of a new step forward.

Post a Comment